What you need:
- White mug or plate (I purchased mine at the dollar store for $1.25 each!)
- permanent markers, any colours you like
1. First, it's important to clean your mug. Make sure it is free from dust, fingerprints and naughty little specks. Wash with your favourite dish detergent and make sure it is bone dry before you move on to the next step.
2. Get creative! Decide on how you would like to design your mug. Look up some of your favourite quotes, designs, patterns... anything. One cute idea that would be great for your special valentine is to make a mug or a plate that says everything you love about them. That way every morning with their cup of coffee and tea, they will be reminded of these little things.
One piece of advice for this step is to practice first. Write or draw out what you plan on putting on your item. Although (lucky for me) if you do make a mistake, the marker will easily wipe away with some nail polish remover.
For my mug I wanted to write something that would inspire me every morning. I chose one of my favourite Dr. Seuss quotes:
"Today you are you,
that is truer than true.
There is no one alive
who is youer than you."
Then, on the other side I Googled an image of the iconic Dr. Seuss hat and I drew it on the other side of the mug, and I have to say, I impressed myself lol.
3. Bake it. Place your mug onto a cookie sheet and place it in the oven at 350 degrees and set the timer for 30 minutes.
The only thing I did notice after I baked my mug was that the red sharpie colour I had used seemed to fade a little bit and came out looking more orange. This didn't bother me too much, but if this would be a concern to you, you might want to stick with the darker colours.
Let me know if you have tried this popular pin and how you decorated it!
Lots of love,