Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hard Candy Review


For those of you who can remember, Hard Candy used to be sold at Sephora and Ulta, but a few years ago it seemed to have disappeared off the face of the earth- until recently. The brand has relaunched their line at Walmart for ridiculously low prices, with a few items quickly gaining a cult-like following. 
I recently picked up two of their most popular items- their "Fox in a Box" blush/powder in the colour "Skinny Dipping and their "Glamofauge Heavy Duty Concealer" in Medium.

My thoughts of each:

Blush ($6): 
I actually really like this product. I don't use the two colours separately, but I swirl my brush in the box, mixing them together. The result is a highly pigmented peachy-coral colour, with a slight orange undertone. I have a medium skin tone and I find it very flattering, but I can also see it being very pretty on a fair complexion if it were applied with a very light hand. I also LOVE the packaging. It kind of reminds me of Benefit blush boxes. The only downside I can see in this product is the brush it comes with. Looks pretty, but kind of useless in my opinion. - for only $6 this is a steal!

Concealer ($6):
This product claims to cover everything from acne to tattoos- and it definitely does! Just like the name says, this is a VERY heavy duty concealer. You only need the smallest, tiniest, baby sized amount of this product to conceal anything. It is very, very thick. You have to be very careful with this product because it can look cakey very easily. I also would not suggest this product for under your eyes as it is so  thick that it will crease and look extra cakey. The onlt other downside is that there are only three colour options: light, medium and tan. I chose the medium because I tend to always be a medium shade, although I find it a bit too light. If I were to repurchase I would definitely go with the tan. 

bonus concealer pencil: 
great for quickly dotting on over a little blemish and patting in. Although, nowhere near the coverage of the Glamoflauge. 

Have any of you tried this product line? What do you think about it?







1 comment:

  1. I need to try that Glamoflauge! I unfortunately get pigmentation after spots go away :( What's your MAC shade?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...